Front of House.JPG

We have a new house!!  On May 24th, we signed the closing papers on the house.  James and I both had cramps in our hands after signing so many documents.  They made us sign with our middle initials and neither of us are used to signing that way.  Every signature required more thought than usual.  But the deed is done and we are homeowners again.

James and I have been over to the new house almost every day since then.  We are planning to paint several rooms, coat and seal the garage floor, possibly stain the basement floor, and get things cleaned really well before we move in.  Yesterday we had our new fridge delivered and installed.  We are also planning to install a gas line in the kitchen and add a new gas range in the next little while. 

While we are staying with my parents, James decided to take advantage of my dad's workshop and attempt a wood working project.  He made awesome wooden totes for the cubbies in the mudroom area.  They are all sanded and primed and just waiting for me to decide what color to paint them.  Yesterday I found a really cute entry way rug and I might paint the totes to match that.  (Dark teal and green if you are wondering.)  I also bought a ginormous clock to put on the high shelf in the family room.  It looks really great, but I have a lot more decorative stuff to buy to fill up that space.



Friday was our last day of school for the year.  We have a had a fun year, but are ready for a little break.  Moving and trying to teach school from home is a little stressful.  I'm excited for next year when we'll have a dedicated school room and Jacob will be joining us as a Kindergarten student.  We spent our last day of school at the zoo with Marrisse and her family.  It was a great way to end the year.


Today we went to our new ward.  There are soooo many kids and every one was really friendly.  The primary leader actually said that they were missing a lot of people because of the Memorial Day Weekend so next week there should be even more kids.  Seth has already made a new friend.  Jacob was a little bit shy at first and wouldn't let me leave him, but halfway through Primary he was doing much better and stayed by himself the rest of the time.  Lia had a great time in nursery, but had two poopy diapers and the second one was a blow out and got all over the inside of her dress.  Of course I had to take her dress off, but didn't have anything else for her to wear except her jacket.  She walked around in her tights and her jacket for the rest of the meeting.  I feel kind of bad for the ladies in nursery who discovered the blow out.  Lia certainly made an unforgettable first impression.

We are hoping to have everything ready for us to move in Wednesday or Thursday the 8th or 9th of June.  We are getting really excited to finally be settled in our new place.   

About this Entry

This page contains a single entry by Miekka published on May 29, 2011 7:31 PM.

05/03/2011 was the previous entry in this blog.

07/03/2011 is the next entry in this blog.

Find recent content on the main index or look in the archives to find all content.

Powered by Movable Type 5.04